[dojo-contributors] Documentation digest III

Nikolai Onken nikolai at nikolaionken.com
Wed Sep 17 09:08:23 EDT 2008

Hi all,

our third documentation digest :)
We are moving along quite well.

Here is an overview of what still needs a good look and documentation:

Dojo base
========

most modules have a fundamental amount of documentation. Some such as
dojo.Color have none.
If anyone knows the dojo base in and out, it would be great if we can
get that to a releaseable level

Dojo
====

FX - still needs documentation
Dnd - the google doc is migrated, now could be split up in subtopics
and needs examples
Other modules - it is probably best to do a general checkup and
revision to see what is missing and what isn't

Dijit
====

Dijit is almost complete, things which are missing are more specific
examples and edge cases.
If you are using edge cases it would be great it they can be added to
the docs as well

Dojox
=====

As the dojox requirement is not to be delivered with docs by default
(am I right?) we should only make sure to document

Grid
Charting
Cometd? (I think its cool and we should document it ;) )
Widgets?

Any more documentation on top of that is just going to be good.
Btw. dojox.data is moving along in incredible speeds - I didn't even
know there were so many stores around - beers to Jared :)

Once those topics are covered I think it is time to "declare
victory" (As Bill said), and switch from migration mode do
"continuous" documentation mode.

We will also try to set up the export functionality these days so we
can test export to PDF and other formats.
API should be included soon as well. We still need to plan the
integration of docs and the new site (in regards to infrastructural
setup), but lets get the content done first.

Cheers to the docs,

Nikolai