[dojo-contributors] Browser Support

Becky Gibson becky at dojotoolkit.org
Tue Sep 16 13:07:59 EDT 2008

So this brings up an issue that I was hoping to discuss at the Developer Day
- where exactly do we stand with respect to testing?We have doh tests for
many items - do they actually get run before we ship a release?  Is there
someone who is "in charge" of running these tests on the various browser
combinations?

I worry that we remind folks to perform testing before a release but I'm
never completely comfortable that it occurs.   I really think we need
something more formal so that embarrassing defects don't slip through the
cracks.

Since I am one of the only people to perform accessibility testing, it is in
my best interest to create some tests using doh.robot. But, there still
needs to be a commitment by folks to actually run the tests.   Is there any
way to encourage more folks with testing experience to join the dojo
community?

food for thought,
-becky