[dojo-contributors] Question about licensing excanvas

Chris Mitchell ccmitchellusa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 14:29:57 EDT 2008

Also, regarding my question about whether VML was really the best pick
for this, I just saw that Erik Arvidsson recently posted the following
Silverlight would also have the advantage of getting at the pixel
buffer, so that the full canvas api could be used.  In any case, this
seems like something that shouldnt be shipped in dojo unless we're
going to promote and support it.

"The Silverlight version of ExCanvas is a lot faster. It is still
under development (I haven't touched it for months) but last time I
tested it passed most of the tests that the VML based version of
ExCanvas passed.
    http://excanvas.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/excanvas/silverlight/
Eventually, we want to finish this and pick the fastest method
available. That being ActiveX, Silverlight or VML.
Comment by ErikArvidsson — September 11, 2008 "

Best regards,
Chris