[dojo-contributors] Question about licensing excanvas

Chris Mitchell ccmitchellusa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 09:49:16 EDT 2008

Just curious,

Why does this need to move into dojo as one of our extension
libraries?  The excanvas license allows anyone to pick it up there
already if they want to, and we wont have to field questions about it
and its limitations.

Does this actually work on IE8 "standards compliance" mode, or only on
IE6/7/8 with backwards compat turned on?
Would it make more sense to re-implement on top of silverlight, since
VML appears to be broken in new IE (there are other impls of canvas
that use flash, but hit ext interface performance problem)?

Also, aren't the functions for get/set image data for canvas
missing--if so, anything else?

-Chris