[dojo-contributors] Dojo 1.2.1 release time?

Eugene Lazutkin eugene at lazutkin.com
Mon Oct 27 17:34:15 EDT 2008

This bug popped up when dijit/_base/scroll.js was rewritten (10 time
code increase). I don't have a workaround because I don't understand
what this function does. If it is supposed to scroll in something in the
view, I guess, we can safely shortcut it (that's what the workaround
does using a minimal code change), but it appears to be doing more than
that. The author is the only one truly capable to fix it or
accept/reject the fix.

Thanks,

Eugene

Adam L. Peller wrote:
| There's a backlog of dijit bugs, since our dijit leader and bug-triaging
| machine is still out. It doesn't sound like a 1.2.1 candidate after
| first read.  Is it a regression?  How safe is the workaround?
|
| On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Eugene Lazutkin <eugene at lazutkin.com
| <mailto:eugene at lazutkin.com>> wrote:
|
| Do you have any thoughts on http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/7808 ---
| the bug crops up frequently in our code, especially when widgets
| constructed dynamically. Right now it is marked "tbd". It would be nice
| to fix it in the "future" or any numeric release. ;-)
|
| Thanks,
|
| Eugene
|
| Adam L. Peller wrote:
| | I cut a 1.2.1 release candidate 1 last night and posted to
| | downloads.dojotoolkit.org <http://downloads.dojotoolkit.org>
| <http://downloads.dojotoolkit.org>.  If
| | someone has a fix for ContentPane or an analysis of the various
| | ContentPane tickets, all marked 'tbd', we can roll another rc, but
| with
| | none in sight I suggest we don't hold up the 1.2.1 release.  There can
| | be a 1.2.2. <http://1.2.2.> <http://1.2.2.>
| |
| | -Adam
| |
| | On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Adam L. Peller <adam at peller.org
| <mailto:adam at peller.org>
| | <mailto:adam at peller.org <mailto:adam at peller.org>>> wrote:
| |
| |     It seems like pretty much everything in the 1.2.1 queue has been
| |     addressed, so I'd like to cut a release candidate by tomorrow
| night,
| |     and hopefully get a release out soon thereafter.  There are a
| couple
| |     more grid tickets we should try to get in there, otherwise we may
| |     have a 1.2.2. <http://1.2.2.> <http://1.2.2.>  If anyone is
| aware of other issues,
| |     speak now, or I'll be sending out an rc announce to this list rsn.
| |
| |     thanks
| |
| |