[dojo-contributors] Shrinksafe/custom_rhino.jar changes for Dojo 1.3/subversion trunk

James Burke jburke at dojotoolkit.org
Sun Oct 26 17:48:36 EDT 2008

See below for details, but this may impact any subversion hooks for
building Dojo Base? Do we have anything like that still in operation?
I guess any hooks that used custom_rhino.jar will likely need to
change with this change:

The relevant trac issue for this change:
http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/7913

------------------

I just committed a change in the subversion trunk related to
Shrinksafe/custom_rhino.jar. This change will be delivered in Dojo
1.3:

The code for Shrinksafe used to be applied to the Rhino as a patch to
the Rhino code, and the toolkit had a binary of this patched file in
its source as util/shrinksafe/custom_rhino.jar.

Now, the shrinksafe changes are in a separate JAR file,
/util/shrinksafe/shrinksafe.jar, and it should be used in conjunction
with an unmodified js.jar (Rhino). Version 1.7R1 of Rhino is delivered
at util/shrinksafe/js.jar.

So, if you referenced custom_rhino.jar for doing build commands, you
should now reference the combination of shrinksafe.jar and js.jar. If
you use the build.sh or build.bat files in the util/buildscripts
directory, you do not have to make any changes. You can look at the
build.sh or build.bat file contents to see how to make build calls
with both JARs.

James