[dojo-contributors] Dojo Committer nominations

Karl Tiedt ktiedt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:19:44 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Tom Trenka <ttrenka at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is an excellent question.  Revin has contributed back a number of
> small fixes, but they were almost always handled by one of us fellow SitePen
> people (/me studiously avoids "Sitepenners" ;)).  Tickets that come to mind
> are:
>
> http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/6033
> http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/6991
> http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/7436
> http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/7437
>
> You can also use trac to look for things he's done:
> http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/search?q=guillen
> http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/search?q=revin
>
> He's also worked quite a bit with Kris Zyp on the RPC stuff, though most of
> that was done via private Jabber, and implemented by Kris.  In terms of
> major contributions, no he has not.  But I can vouch for his ability to add
> major pieces, based on the work he has done privately for SitePen.
>
> I hope that helps?

Excellent information Tom, and yes, that helps tremendously +1 for Revin as
well, I certainly wouldnt hold contributions that went into major things
done by other people against him when Revin obviously didnt have access to
provide the changes directly.... while pactchs (suppied via tickets) are
always great, I would see no reason why a a sponsor vouching for these
aspects wouldnt be acceptable.

In summary, +1 for Revin, + 1 for Chris.

- Karl Tiedt