[dojo-contributors] dojo.attr() - no disconnect

Mike Wilcox mwilcox at sitepen.com
Tue Oct 21 10:34:34 EDT 2008

Wouldn't this make attr a no-op for something that might need to be
destroyed?

I would venture to say that the number one reason for using a
JavaScript library is to help the dev with memory leaks in closures.
To then give them a loophole to still fall into that trap, I would say
is not a good idea.

IMHO, if it's too kludgey, we're money ahead to just remove the
connect from attr.

BTW, I'd also argue that NodeList.connect should return handles for
the same reason. But i wouldn't advocate removing connect from that.

Mike