[dojo-contributors] dojo.attr() does not return a number

Adam L. Peller adam at peller.org
Sun Oct 19 22:46:19 EDT 2008

The simple thing to do, and the behavior most consistent with the DOM APIs,
is to just return string.  The alternative seems a bit magical and may need
to handle boolean or floats too (and not all HTML types correspond to JS
types, like %) It would seem that most callers wouldn't need this extra
processing, and there's some bloat involved, so I'd lean towards keeping it
simple.  It's a relatively easy operation for the caller to do a type check
and the caller may wish to do the check anyways.

-Adam