[dojo-contributors] Dojo marketing

Wolfram Kriesing wolfram.kriesing at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 16:13:59 EDT 2008

> In my opinion, for what it's worth, I suggest that Dojo focuses on what
> is already different about it from JQuery (and the others - YUI shouldn't be
> neglected).
> Just a very few things that could be on the home page:
> - All widgets are included, no need to search for third party plugins (JQ)
> - Completely open sourced and liberally licensed (YUI, EXT)
> - We handle accessibility so you don't have to (this would sell a lot of
> people)
> - i18n (another huge seller, not easily seen on the home page as a blurb
> under dijit)

Exactly this is what scares away a lot of people. It sounds
way too big. Where is the one small file?
  "Where I can just get started, once I like it I read the docs"
and so on, that is at least what lets the people use jQuery ...

No doubt that once people invest some time they can
be convinced that dojo can also be the tiny
one file library, but that's the initial hurdle ...

Just my 2 cents

--
cu

Wolfram

http://uxebu.com - web consultancy
You need AJAX, RIA, JavaScript and all this modern stuff? We got it!