[dojo-contributors] New ruby gem for packaging the dojo source

Bob Remeika bob.remeika at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 13:24:31 EDT 2008

I basically see this as a way of distributing the src.  The great thing
about gem packages, is that it allows you to distribute and install ruby
scripts that are added to the user's path.  The plan for this project is to
include some utilities that make it easy to kick off dojo builds so you can
essentially generate the 1.2-mini build by running a command line utility.

I think it makes sense to include a dojo builder utility which which fires
up a dojo build for the user.  The dojo builder could do an intelligent
search to find build profile scripts in order to create the build.

As a next step, this package could also include capistrano (defacto
deployment tool for rails apps) tasks for firing off dojo builds before
deployment to production servers.

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Alex Russell <alex at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:

Bob Remeika
http://bobremeika.com