[dojo-contributors] 1.3 direction

Tom Trenka ttrenka at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 19:19:22 EDT 2008

Actually, I think it's still marked experimental because Neil has probably
forgotten to mark it with something more stable.  My understanding is that
at this point it's actually pretty stable--though the things mentioned (unit
testing, docs) would need to be completed for a 1.3 release for sure.
I'd suggest the following timeline on this one:

1.3  dojox.dtl cleaned up, stablized (API-wise), unit tests and
documentation completed.  The goal is to move it to production status within
DojoX.
1.4  Migrate dtl to Core.

I'd also suggest that we do the same thing with GFX if we can:
finalize/stablize for 1.3 (with the exception of experimental renderers),
and migrate to Core by 1.4.

We *might* even consider skipping 1.4, calling it 1.5 (with the migration)
and use the half-point release as something major for our users.

I would agree with Alex that DTL needs to be migrated sooner than later, but
I also think that with a clear set of goals like this, we can pull it off
sooner and better.

regards,
trt