[dojo-contributors] 1.3 direction

Karl Tiedt ktiedt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 19:17:00 EDT 2008

I would say the complain stems from that fact that while many ocntainers can
contain anything (StackContainers and TabContainers for example),
getParent() on any of their children will not work.... the previously
accepted answer to this problem was to call
dijit._Contained.prototype.getParent(this); which if we already mixin
features to dijit._Widget (for this exact reason --- any widget can be a
child of this type of widget) why not make getParent() part of _Widget and
return null if it has no parent widget....

In this case, "parent widget" means, directly above me in the widget chain
and containes .getChildren() as a function...

-Karl Tiedt