[dojo-contributors] Dojo 1.2 branch

Adam Peller peller at dojotoolkit.org
Thu Oct 2 19:55:34 EDT 2008

I just created a branch for 1.2 and a milestone for 1.2.1 (with a tentative
date of Halloween, but we'll release it whenever we reach critical mass)
Thanks to Alex for the mk_branch.sh script!

The branch was created from [15389] even though 1.2.0 was cut at [15378].
All of the changes in between (non-critical cleanup) were intentionally
included in both the trunk for 1.3+ as well as any future 1.2.x releases.
As in the past, we're going to limit code changes to critical defects (and
others of the 'oops' variety, with a very straight-forward fix) and check
them into the trunk first, then port them over to the branch after careful
review.  Exceptions include test fixes and inline docs.  There will be
absolutely no "enhancements" of any kind.  The goal is to keep the delta
small, so users will upgrade with confidence.

The svn url for the branch is:

http://svn.dojotoolkit.org/src/branches/1.2/

Regards,
Adam