[dojo-contributors] selenium vs. windmill

Mark Hays haysmark at us.ibm.com
Thu May 29 10:34:11 EDT 2008

Think of doh.keyPress in terms of JavaScript onkeypress events and
Windmill/Selenium's triggerKeyEvent: for any key event, you have a
charCode, a keyCode, and flags showing you whether alt, ctrl, and/or shift
were pressed. So you call a doh.keyPress like this:
doh.keyPress(charCode, keyCode, altpressed, ctrlpressed, shiftpressed)

So for instance, tab is keyCode 9 and doesn't require any alt/ctrl/shift
keys, so you call:
doh.keyPress(9, 9, false, false, false)

Similarly, to shift-tab, you just set shift to true:
doh.keyPress(9, 9, false, false, true)

doh.keyPress automatically releases the key after you press it (Java's
keyPress only sticks in Safari anyway; IE and Firefox release the key Java
pressed themselves), so I didn't make a keyRelease. I could though if you
want it.. Java doesn't provide "just" a keyDown (how would you do that on
a real keyboard without a keyPress?) so I didn't make one. That would be
something we would have to create using synthetic events in JS.

David Bolter <david.bolter at utoronto.ca>
Sent by: dojo-contributors-bounces at dojotoolkit.org
05/28/2008 08:18 PM
Please respond to
"dojo dev." <dojo-contributors at dojotoolkit.org>

"dojo dev." <dojo-contributors at dojotoolkit.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [dojo-contributors] selenium vs. windmill

Neat. Can you describe doh.keyPress a little more?  Is there also a
keyDown and keyUp, or are those flags in keyPress?

Anyways, this will be very handy!  I had cleared my morning tomorrow
(seriously, it is in my google calendar) to work on just this kind of
thing so I'm glad you sent this email!

Please ref http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/3486 on related commits.
Is there another ticket I should watch?

cheers,