[dojo-contributors] selenium vs. windmill

Douglas Hays doughays at us.ibm.com
Wed May 28 17:58:10 EDT 2008

Mark and I have been working on a doh function that can type keys
(including tabs
that really change focus).  It's a work in progress but you can see it in
action:

http://turtle.dojotoolkit.org/~doughays/typekeys/dijit/tests/form/test_ComboBox.html

The first time you run it, you'll get a popup to allow code from Mark Hays
to run.
You should answer yes and then you may need to push refresh since the test
doesn't block
for this dialog.

The test doesn't do much and only lasts a few seconds but you can see the
tab/focus occurring and the keys being typed (we slowed down the keys for
effect,
not neccesity).

The goal was to separate out the keyboard function from the
selenium/windmill discussion.
So now we only need selenium's grid to test on multiple browsers and we can
use
doh to do everything else.