[dojo-contributors] Can I add RangeSlider?

Becky Gibson becky at dojotoolkit.org
Sun May 18 20:59:27 EDT 2008

Wolfram,
+1 on adding the accessibility - awesome!   The only issue I have is that
the order of the vertical slider is backwards.   When I tab to the vertical
slider focus goes to the bottom slider first and then the top slider.  This
seems awkward and it seems to me that it should go to the top most slider
first.

Also, the vertical slider doesn't show up as well in Windows high contrast
mode.  The horizontal slider shows up OK in high contrast mode but in the
vertical one the two sliders are not connected.

This will also need some work to add the ARIA properties but one of the a11y
folks can look at that.  I have a document nearly complete to explain how to
creae and test new widgets for a11y - see
http://www.dojotoolkit.org/developer/A11yReq.

Once you get this checked in create a trac ticket for a11y review of the
range slider and assign it to the category a11y-review.

Great work!
-becky