[dojo-contributors] what we left behind...

Alex Russell alex at dojotoolkit.org
Fri May 9 18:31:36 EDT 2008

To clarify:

	* you MUST send in a CLA for any contributions hosted on Dojo
Foundation servers. No exceptions. Ever.
	* For dojoc, you DON'T need to be a committer and your code can be
more "rough"

The CLA is what separates those who are serious and honest from those
who are just toying around or who don't know what they're doing. It's
a bright line and one that serves us well. I understand fully the down-
sides of requiring it for contribution, but there's no "going back"
for non-CLA'd contributions. Once dirty, always dirty. If we we ever
want things in dojoc to mature into something which can be accepted
further "up the chain" we MUST have a CLA for all of the constituent
contributions that go into it over time.

If we think that there should be a separate repo someplace, lets pool
our money and lease a server somewhere else, not under the
Foundation's umbrella, and make a new project to host modules there.
I'm totally for that. But we can't do that at the Foundation.

Regards