[dojo-contributors] Text sizing using em

Nathan Toone toonetown at dojotoolkit.org
Tue May 6 22:44:11 EDT 2008

I think I may understand what Nikolai meant by "consistent"

Let's say you have a button - and the text is styled for it at .75 em.
That button, when in a div (or another widget, etc.) with size of 1em
would be roughly 12px (for easy math).  That same button within a div
that has text size of 7.75px (.75*9 - the size of the containing div)

I'm not advocating one way over the other (though my personal
preference is to use all em measurements). It's just important that
whichever way is chosen, it's documented well enough and developers
know the consequences of their actions.

I, for one actually think that the expected behavior would be to
reduce the size of the contained button relative to text size - but I
can also see how someone could see it as "not consistent."

-Nathan