[dojo-contributors] Text sizing using em

Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Tue May 6 20:35:07 EDT 2008

Hi,

 > as we discussed in the dijit meeting we decided to use em's instead of
 > pixels for all text-sizing related issus.
 > This is a good approach but brings a few draw-backs we need to address.

I'm certainly open to discussion although I don't really understand what
issue you are getting at.   When you say:

 > Currently the only solution to keeping a consistent L&F ...

it sounds like a philosophical question about what "consistent" means.

I'm thinking that as the end-user increases the font size, the widgets
increase in size also, so that the size of the widgets is "consistent"
with the size of the text on the page.

> .dijitFontNode {
> font-size: 13px;
> }

Sounds like that would defeat the whole purpose of using em's, for
people that need to make the font bigger b/c they have poor vision
(they would be able to read the content on the page but not the tab
labels themselves)