[dojo-contributors] dojo-contributors Digest, Vol 50, Issue 3

Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Thu May 1 22:30:30 EDT 2008

Craig Riecke wrote:
>   This is all thought-provoking stuff.  I feel bad about letting the
> dandelions grow in the online book, so now that the Pragmatic Book's
> done, am glad to hop back on the lawn mower and get going.  You have no
> idea how glad :-)

By the way, I wasn't trying to point fingers at you.   I was more saying
that maintaining the book in it's current form requires a lot of effort
from the community (in addition to the tremendous job you did basically
writing the whole thing), and I'm not sure our community is up to
maintaining everything in that book in addition to dojo campus and
api.dojotoolkit.org, and of course all the great enhancements and bug
fixes to the code itself.

> However, it seems prudent to have a plan. With the excellent resources
> at dojocampus and the API guide, the online manual's direction can (and
> should) morph into something different than our original vision back in
> March 2007 when we starting rewriting the book for 0.9.   I have lots of
> feedback from Alex, Eugene, and others, plus this thread and the forum
> comments.

Ah, right, that's what I meant :-)

> Does anybody object to my coming up with a plan? Then we can get some
> volunteers and stuff...

+1 from me too!

On a related subject, here's a philosophical question that pains me a
bit: if I have some new information to write about, for example, Tree,
when should I blog and when should I add to dojo campus instead?  (Or
when should it go in the book?)