[dojo-contributors] Memory Leaks: Gone

Mark Wubben mark at novemberborn.net
Wed Jun 27 05:12:42 EDT 2007

On Jun 26, 2007, at 2:01 AM, Bill Keese wrote:
> Mark Wubben wrote:
>> Haven't tested the removeChild leak,
>> but if you have a test case for me I'll give it a go.
>
> That would be great.    The testcases are attached to
> http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/1727 although you'd have to dig
> through it a bit.

Okay, this is not fixed in the patched IE 6, just as it's not fixed
in IE 7. However, going through the testcase I don't think this is a
leak at all. If you increase the number of nodes to 1000 and play
around with it, you'll notice IE reuses the memory allocated for the
nodes. It never releases the memory (not on reload, either) but it
keeps the items in memory until they are replaced by new items. In
fact, on Windows 2000 the memory sometimes goes down when adding nodes.

I'll write a post about this soon (I hope...),

--
Mark