[dojo-contributors] Unload, disconnect, leaks

Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Tue Jun 26 21:40:07 EDT 2007

Scott J. Miles wrote:
> Also, it looks like various Dijit entities are doing cleanup at unload
> time, and I wanted to ask about the rationale for that. This may be
> naiive, but (with the exception of leaky constructs in IE<7)...

Right, it's for IE6 leak protection, but I haven't actually run tests,
especially not against the new 0.9 event code (dijit was originally
written against Dojo 0.4), nor the recently released patched IE6, so I
don't know if there's a real issue or not.

Alex might be able to comment more since I'm basically just mimicking
the way Dojo 0.1 worked...