[dojo-contributors] Memory Leaks: Gone

Mark Wubben mark at novemberborn.net
Mon Jun 25 17:10:43 EDT 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 8:18 PM, Brad Neuberg wrote:
> Does this also mean the 100,000 object slowdown on IE is no longer
> there as
> well?

Xopus is pretty big, and we did do some testing. The unpatched IE
went from 20 seconds loading time to 26, in just 11 reloads. (Note:
The XML schema used in this test was insanely complex). Patched
stayed roughly the same. Same for the Xopus build on Win 2k in which
we had fixed existing leaks.

It definitely appears that slowdown is correlated to memory leaks.