[dojo-contributors] regards to #2825 - port toggler to dijit

Alex Russell alex at dojotoolkit.org
Sun Jun 17 23:01:50 EDT 2007

Lets think a bit harder about this:

	* most animations need togglers and we haven't implemented one in Core
yet
	* animations are node based, and so are the animations on widgets
	* the show/hide "is visible?" semantics in 0.4.x were *really* borken
	* we want to let widget authors provide nice transitions
	* those transitions might not be for the top-level node

As an example of the last one, I very often wish that tab container
contents could fade through to each other (or fly in/out, etc.). The
PageContainer widget should easily allow this to happen, and it could
be implemented w/ fadeIn/fadeOut transition on the various ContentPanes
involved. The only real question here is where to store
animation/toggler state. I think togglers should probably be
node-focused but be class instances which widgets can hold on to and
manage.

Other thoughts?

Regards

--