[dojo-contributors] Optimized/Unoptimized Build Flag?

James Burke jburke at dojotoolkit.org
Fri Jun 15 00:39:09 EDT 2007

On 6/14/07, Brad Neuberg <paperairplane at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to figure out from JavaScript if you are dealing with
> an optimized build of Dojo versus an unoptimized one, such as:
>
> dojo.isOptimized
>
> I need to know the difference for Dojo Offline, so that I can cache
> files in the background for offline use that are needed for
> non-optimized builds (such as the loader and bootstrap framework).
>
> Best,
>   Brad

I'm not up on the offline stuff yet, but here are some
questions/thoughts. In general, I don't think it would be good for you
to hardcode in a list of things to load, if that is possible. But
again, I might not understand the problem yet.

1) After dojo loads, you can check the dojo._loadedUrls array would
tell you what files have been loaded. You might also want to intercept
dojo.require/platformRequire/requireIf/requreAfterIf calls after
operation. Does that help?

2) Would it help if we had a gears manifest file? I don't know gears
yet or how it works with Dojo offline, so this might be the wrong
question to ask. However, if it would help, perhaps we can see about
generating one automatically on an svn commit, then during a build,
the manifest would be updated with the build output?

James