[dojo-contributors] Dojo data discussion

Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Fri Jun 8 00:35:27 EDT 2007

Brian Douglas Skinner wrote:

> So when you call store.getLabel(germany), the datastore could return
> either 'Germany' or 'Deutschland', depending on your locale.

Hi guys.  This is all an interesting discussion but I'm guessing it'll
be a few years before we actually have a store and data with localized
labels, so let's not think about it too much.   If you can just get the
getLabel() method working in general that'll be a great step forwards.
Please let me know when you do.

 From a widget perspective, note that (annoyingly) each widget (really,
each HTML node) has it's own lang attribute, so it's probably best to
pass in a lang parameter to the store.  That seems like the only
complete solution.

As Brian's example above demonstrates, when we do finally support this,
it'll be handled on a case-by-case basis depending on the data store.

And now to open another can of worms, has anyone talked about a getId()
or getKey() method?