[dojo-contributors] Splitting projects between dojo and dojox

Jon Sykes me at jpsykes.com
Fri Jun 1 10:30:34 EDT 2007

Pro's and con's time.

What are the pros/cons of making everthing in Dojox be part of a
dojox namespace?

Cons:
- If it's on the Dojox object and gets moved to the Dojo core, it
means all code that references it  would need to be changed (or links
in the functions would need to be provided from dojox.foo to dojo.foo)

Pros:
- It means you can have the same names in Dojo core and experimental
versions in Dojox without having names clash
- It keeps the core namespace 'pure' (?)

If there is anything else, please add it. :-)