[dojo-contributors] Chart Markup Proposal

Tom Trenka ttrenka at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:08:23 EDT 2007

Kun,
Just so you know, the engine is being written with n-dimensional axes in
mind (based on the desire for quick integration of yours and Neil's code),
and *any* styling you mention (color, fill, stroke, etc.) are all definable
within a Theme.  Hopefully that will allay those concerns.

We're also well aware that 3D charts will require extra parameters such as
rotation and camera position (if that's the approach), and the chart widgets
are being written with that kind of expandability in mind.

The main thing is to try to figure out what is the absolute easiest route to
go to begin with, and build upon that.  We'd done an experimental markup
structure before--with the result being almost as complex as the original
0.4 engine, so this effort is aimed at creating the simplest and easiest
interfaces possible.

And you're right: if you need more complexity, the suggestion will
definitely be "use the charting engine directly".

Thanks for your input, and if you have any more ideas, say so :)

trt