[dojo-contributors] Chart Markup Proposal

Eugene Lazutkin eugene at lazutkin.com
Fri Aug 31 02:39:50 EDT 2007

Unfortunately I don't have much time to go over this proposal now, but
I'll do that when I am back (9/10).

Just a small suggestion: check your proposal against the Open Office
Chart specification to see if you missed anything functional-wise. I am
not suggesting to implement everything what's available in OO, but
people spent time thinking about charting, and they (and Microsoft
Office) have a lot of satisfied IT users. It'll make a good source of
reference ("play with your data in OO"), it would be awesome to be able
to export charts from OO. At the very least we have to have a good story
behind "why my favorite feature from the office is not implemented".

You can find the spec here:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.1/OS/OpenDocument-v1.1-html/OpenDocument-v1.1.html
- --- look for Chapter 10, which describes all possible parameters, which
can be tweaked for OO charting.

Thanks,

Eugene