[dojo-contributors] Changeset #10349

Tom Trenka ttrenka at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 14:50:36 EDT 2007

Hi guys,
http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/changeset/10349

I'm not sure the purpose behind pulling the IE specific dijitInline
definitions but the change breaks any Button that has an iconClass
attribute; if you take a look here first:

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/dojo-2007-08-24/dojotoolkit/dijit/tests/form/test_Button.html

...you'll notice the inline defs have no problem with icons.  But if you try
this:

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/dojo-2007-08-25/dojotoolkit/dijit/tests/form/test_Button.html

...icons are gone (since the inline block no longer has any layout).

This change broke both IE6 and IE7.

----
If it's possible, could you guys please just double check when you touch
something that is used in a lot of different places?  I know we're doing a
lot of work, and it's not always easy to check every case.  But it would be
very helpful if we could keep in mind that altering something low-level may
have far-reaching implications.

Thanks,
trt

P.S.  If it helps (though I had nothing to do with it), the zoom:1 in the
original forces the element to "have layout" in IE terms, which is the rough
equivilient of using display:inline-block, which we all know IE doesn't
support.