[dojo-contributors] The Canonical Header for Online Book 0.9

Eugene Lazutkin eugene at lazutkin.com
Sun Aug 19 18:25:55 EDT 2007

I like this idea. In general xd proved to be a life-saver for small
projects, especially when there is a well-known URL, like in AOL CDN case:

1) No need to copy files anywhere in simple cases --- just write your
code inline and reference AOL. You're done.

2) AOL CDN is fast and geographically distributed. In most cases it
beats the feeble hosting available on the cheap => actually it improves
performance.

So I am all for it, especially in the case of examples.

Additional suggestion: probably it makes sense to setup a Coral CDN
mirror, so we can change it more frequently. For example: we can host
dojo at folowing URLs:

http://dojotoolkit.org/release/0.9b/base/dojo/dojo.js
http://dojotoolkit.org/release/0.9rc1/offline/dojo/dojo.js

...or something like that incorporating in the URL schema the version,
and the build name.

To access the Coral CDN copy we need just append nyud.net:

http://dojotoolkit.org.nyud.net/release/0.9/dijit/dojo/dojo.js

I don't know how reliable the Coral CDN is, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Thanks,

Eugene