[dojo-contributors] squid theme

sam foster potatosculptor at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 00:31:30 EDT 2007

wow. Seems like this was a couple hours well spent, to have kicked up
so much dust.
So, I think Torrey nails it here. I included the body style for lack
of a better way to show the widget theme in the kind of context you
might want it. The theme tester might provide a way to do that, but -
importantly - also provide a way to remove/change it.
So, I should be able to load up squid, but change the basic page
definition to white on black - and confirm there's no bleeding of the
theme into the page. And - if the theme wants to fence itself in -
confirm there's no bleeding of the page into the themed elements.

On dojo.css - there does seem to be overlap between its stated
intention, and the dijitTests.css. Maybe those can merge/be renamed
somehow to clarify. I dont think there's anything dijit-specific in
dijitTests for example.

We could provide a dojoReset.css, which would be equivalent to yui's
reset.css, and @imported by dojo.css (avoiding the big every-file
change), and available for themes to use or not. I agree - I think it
was with Bill - that we can only do this in dijit.css if we qualify it
somehow. - we shouldnt impact elements which arent "owned" by dijit -
i.e. widget nodes only. Which basically leaves us where we are today -
using the dijitReset class. I'm not sure how much of dojo.css we'll
actually be able to pull into dijit.css given this constraint. But it
(dijit) needs to wean itself off of dojo.css for sure.

Thinking aloud, it would be nice to be able to test out some of this
stuff in the wild - it can be hard to see over the walls of one's
particular box. Maybe a greasemonkey script to pull in dojo + dijit +
theme and create some widgets on the page.

/me goes to think about that.