[dojo-contributors] squid theme

peter e higgins dante at inpdx.net
Fri Aug 17 16:26:52 EDT 2007

> > as there needs to be no more bloat in tundra.css than there already is
> > (as far as potentially unused definitions).  I think the styles between
> > dijit + dojox _should_ be re-used as often as possible.  the best way to
> > go about that is a mystery to me, aside from my above example.
>
> I agree that "the trash can approach" (put everything in one place) can
> lead to the code bloat. But the other side of the coin is the ease of
> maintenance.

I'm not opposed to dojox projects maintaining their own classes in tundra and
others, everything is pretty much isolated anyway via .initialClassName ...
but it does increase the size significantly, especially for the people who
pull in tundra.css _just_ to use, for instance, a Calendar.  Granted they can
safely strip the rest of the styles out and use just the ones they need, but
when the rest of dojo does that via the build system, it only seems like
something optional or 'additional' should be an 'additive', and ideally even
automated (?) ...