[dojo-contributors] squid theme

Tom Trenka ttrenka at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 14:49:17 EDT 2007

I don't see this as a hijack as much as asking some important questions WRT
to the discussion...I think the question is pretty important, and goes to a
number of other things that people are asking.
To reiterate, Eugene has it (essentially) right: the original point of
dojo.css was to have something to use in our tests (since so many people
seem to think they are really demos), and to provide people with a really
quick-and-dirty stylesheet they can use for basic things.  In no way was it
intended to be the baseline for any kind of Dijit theming system--even
though that's the way it's been used.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to take up Owen's
suggestion of just letting Dijit provide it's own baseline CSS, and author
that one in such a way as to serve as the foundation for most theming
systems.

WRT DnD avatars, I'd suggest a separate CSS file in the resources directory
of Core, with clear instructions that you can use that as a baseline for
Dojo DnD, and then take the same approach: let Dijit create another CSS file
that can do the same for use in Dijit.

trt