[dojo-contributors] squid theme

sam foster potatosculptor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 12:00:51 EDT 2007

> Doing that should counter-act the default table definitions set up in
> dojo.css.

I guess I'm just at odds with this philosophically. While the reset of
the element margins/padding can be viewed as a good service, bleeding
into how a page looks crosses the line for me. Its no longer helping,
its getting in the way. Yes I can override, the question is why should
I have to? Augmenting defaults like this is just like saying
String.prototype.trim = function() { .. }. Handy, but invasive.
Provided I can always not include dojo.css, I dont feel strongly
enough about it though to dig up what Im sure was a long-made
decision, this is just some feedback from one themer. I assume if the
weight of community feedback asks for a change, we'll reconsider at
that point.

Sam