[dojo-contributors] Regarding dojo.data.fetch queries...

Tom Trenka ttrenka at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 12:20:32 EDT 2007

...looking through the code, I'm trying to figure out how to write a query
that is hierarchical in nature, and from what I'm seeing in the code
(ItemFileReadStore), I'm not sure this is possible without writing a
filtering mechanism after getting the query results.  Say I have a structure
like so:
Book
    -- Chapter
        -- Section
            -- Paragraphs

...and I have several chapters.  What I'm trying to do is something like the
following (in English):

"Get me all of the Paragraphs in the first Chapter".

Is such a thing possible without going through some major workarounds (like
querying the chapters, manually finding the first one and then traversing
down the item.children tree)?

trt