[dojo-contributors] IE7 leaks and testBench

Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Wed Aug 8 19:53:16 EDT 2007

Michael Schall wrote:
> A leak is shown using sIEve.  I attached this to the IE7 speed ticket...
>
> http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/4046

I've been tracing the sIEve output.   Apparently the problem is that
Widget.destroy() orphans the widget's dom node, but there are still
pointers from the widget object to those nodes (like containerNode).

Just commenting out the call to destroyRendering() seems to stop the
leak but I'm not sure if that's a good long term solution.

The problem gets more complicated with widgets that contain other widgets.