[dojo-contributors] Small proposed change to dojo.io.script

James Burke jburke at dojotoolkit.org
Sun Aug 5 02:10:13 EDT 2007

I just changed the code to use dojo.doc instead of document. You can
follow the code changes in this ticket:

http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/3978

Give that a shot with dojo.withDoc to see if that helps things (make
sure the iframe has a dojo.io.script defined as being
parent.dojo.io.script -- may be a bit hazardous, maybe define dojo =
parent.dojo).

I'm assuming you want to use an iframe because in browsers like
Firefox, it executes dynamically added scripts in DOM order, which
could be bad if you have a long-polling script, but also need to add
other scripts after starting the long poll (or long running script).
You won't get the JS evaluated for the other scripts until the first
one completes.

If that is not the problem you are having, it would be good to get more info.

James