[dojo-contributors] dojo.query & (v0.4) dojo.dom.getAncestors

Michael Smith savoyboy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 02:12:05 EDT 2007

On 7/30/07, Tom Trenka <ttrenka at gmail.com> wrote:

> - *Element functions are nice so I don't have to loop through the text
> > nodes to find what I'm looking for.
>

> There's no reason why we couldn't include a tree walker set in DojoX...
>
> - escapeHtml saves users time so they don't need to worry about
> > escaping correctly
>

> Again, no reason why we couldn't include that in DojoX.

This is the kind of response I was looking for when bringing up this topic.
And maybe we all should be taking a tone of suggesting additions, rather
than filing complaints. I apologize if I got that snowball rolling in the
wrong direction.

At any rate, I think this is a good approach. All of those convenience
functions that we know and love will probably live best in dojox. If they're
not in any of the dojo namespaces, then we'll probably ended up rewriting
them ourselves, cursing while we do it. So, I think a lot of dojo users will
be happy to see these types of convenience functions in dojox. To most
people, I don't think it will matter whether their in dojo or dojox, just
that they're there.

Thanks,
~Michael Smith