[dojo-contributors] Re: dojo.lang.isUndefined()

Jon Sykes jon.sykes at media-hive.com
Thu Jun 29 14:38:50 EDT 2006

Yup, I pasted what the function does now.  Rather than what the
function should do:

if((typeof wh == "undefined")||(wh == undefined))alert("wh is
undefined");

Is what you are saying that if I did:

if(!dojo.lang.isUndefined(foo)){

	foo(bar);

}else{

alert("OMG you tried to do something with foo and it doesn't exist);

}

would cause a JS error anyway?

or would the above work if isUnDefined actually did test for
undefined global objects with needing them to be tested as a property
of an existing object?