[dojo-contributors] review of html-refactor work

Bryan Forbes bryan at reigndropsfall.net
Tue Jun 27 10:08:51 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 11:48 +0900, Bill Keese wrote:
> Tom Trenka wrote:
> > Numeric indices were killed in favor of named properties,
>
> PS: just be careful of fx/lfx stuff.  IIRC, something like the explode
> effect, which changes both x/y and width/height, calls some underlying
> code that just manipulates of a 4-element array [x,y,w,h] (without
> regard to what each of the array elements means)

One thing that _has_ been converted is the lfx code.  I wanted to make
sure that what we were doing would be practical throughout the library
and I figured since I knew lfx, it would be a good testbase.  The named
properties returned from toCoordinateObject (what used to be
toCoordinateArray) makes the explode/implode code more readable.  The
only other place that uses the toCoordinateArray function is the
drag-and-drop code.  Using the named properties makes that code much
more readable as well.