[dojo-contributors] Widget property parsing

Neil neildev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 20:56:51 EDT 2006

In the process of patching the dojo toolkit for some bugs I have come across
a problem with the widget package.  There currently does not exist a way to
map attributes from a given tag that do not follow the convention,
name-value pair.  Some attributes within desired supported tags only contain
a name value where it is assumed that the value implies an affirmative
action.  This mapping of attributes to properites within an object occurs
when parsing the tree and building the widget.  Currently I have worked
around the lacking of mapping of some tag attributes to objects by using
directly the "frag" object to determine the correct behavior of the widget.
I believe there should be a more elegant and generic means by which the
attributes missed by the mapping should be conducted in the future.  Any
suggestions?