[dojo-contributors] fast widget creation (TreeV3)

Jesse Kuhnert jkuhnert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 19:34:41 EDT 2006

I did a little benchmarking of my own at one point a long time ago and found
that it has nothing to do with the widget parser.

The only things that seemed to take more time were those that dealt with
css/style calculations. I'm sure it varies from widget to widget though.

On 6/21/06, Bill Keese <bill at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:

> ilia wrote:
> > How can I create widget fast programmatically ?
> >
> > I submitted a benchmark to tests/widget/treeV3/tree_Test_bench.html .
> >
> > Currently dojo tree is slow because **lots** of time spent in
> > dojo.widget.createWidget.
>
> Can you be more specific?  All the time should be spent in
> createWidget().  Isn't that normal?

Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer

dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.