[dojo-contributors] Committer Account Cleanup

Brian Douglas Skinner skinner at dojotoolkit.org
Tue Jun 20 03:38:31 EDT 2006

> We are trying to clean up accounts for those individuals who are
> no longer active committers to the project.   Being a committer
> implies that you are active in the development of the toolkit.

Last year I read some of Karl Fogel's O'Reilly book "Producing Open
Source Software": http://www.producingoss.com/

Granting and revoking commit access is one of the things Karl talks
about, and he suggests a policy of not revoking commit access for
"dormant committers":
  http://www.producingoss.com/producingoss.html#committers
  http://www.producingoss.com/producingoss.html#dormant-committers

I don't actually have an opinion one way or the other, but I've been
meaning to post about book, and this seemed topical.

:o) Brian