[dojo-contributors] OpenRecord: the best thing no one's talking about

Alex Russell alex at dojotoolkit.org
Fri Jun 16 17:30:39 EDT 2006

So as some of you may be aware, the Dojo Toolkit isn't the only project
of the Dojo Foundation. We also are host to the the excellent
OpenRecord project (http://openrecord.org). Since Brian and his team
aren't really big into tooting their own horn, perhaps they'll allow me
to do a bit of it for them.

OpenRecord is, simply put, the coolest UI for semi-structured content
that I've ever seen. And by "semi-structured content" I mean "stuff you
actually care about and not something your boss told you to care
about".

If you haven't taken the time to play with their demo, I'd like to
encourage you to give it a whirll (and give it a minute to load):

	http://openrecord.org/demo.html

Or check out the screencast:

	http://openrecord.org/screencast.html

And, of course, once you spend 10 minutes with it and understand how
amazingly cool a bid-directional linking system on top of a
semi-structured content store is, please drop Brian
(skinner at dojotoolkit.org) mail if you'd like to help out. OpenRecord
needs your help to become the defacto way to capture, slice, and dice
the information you care about. There are huge opportunities available
to make a difference on this important project, and I can vouch for the
OpenRecord team being contientious, hard-working, friendly folks who
are sitting on the coolest project no one has ever heard of.

Regards

--
Alex Russell