[dojo-contributors] Sun announcement

Alex Russell alex at dojotoolkit.org
Fri Jun 16 14:27:13 EDT 2006

Hey everyone,

Over the past couple of weeks I've been working with some folks at Sun
to discuss ways that they can work with us, and today they announced
their support for the Toolkit and the Foundation:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/06-16-2006/0004382050&EDATE=

I'm excited about their support and their involvment, and I think it
only makes it clearer that Dojo is the place where professional-quality
JavaScript development is happening.

Obviously, none of this would have happened if we hadn't *already* been
shipping professional-quality JavaScript for quite some time, and so
thanks are in order to all of our contributors and committers. I know
that press releases aren't much of a prize when you've poured so much
of your life into a project, but today's announcement means that we're
succeeding in the thing we started out to acheive: adoption. And while
I can't speak for anyone else, that sure feels good from where I'm
sitting.

Congrats.

--
Alex Russell