[dojo-contributors] ReST Documentation

Dustin Machi dmachi at dojotoolkit.org
Wed Jun 7 20:30:39 EDT 2006

inline
Neil Roberts wrote:
>> 1.  the "Dojo Manual" is intended to be reference documentation.  It
>> currently hosts old ReST api information that is out of date.  This
>> needs to be purged from there and updated to reflect current api.
>> Neil will have to comment on the best way to go about that in relation
>> to the documentation tools he is preparing.
>
> API information should be pretty easy to copy from one point to another.
> I'll be doing a lot of this by hand, but needless to say, this won't be
> ridiculous to do.

Perhaps we should just be hosting your documentation tools here?  Or
could you perhaps clarifiy how they will be different.  IIRC, we'll have
our dojo doc widgets that parse json files to display api information,
and then there is also wiki contributed information that is linked in
with the tools.  While I know that we have been making it so that the
dojo doc tools will work from localhost, we also need to host them live
somewhere....is this what will go at manual.dojotoolkit.org? Or is this
only the wiki portion of that information?

>> 2.  the "Dojo Book" is more "how-to" than reference information.  Many
>> of the articles that were on the previous website belong in here and
>> should be relocated to Dojo Book (like those about events and bind).
>> After they are relocated, all the information stored in ReST format in
>> the svn repo should be purged from the repo to avoid duplication and
>> sync issues.
>
> Agreed. If anyone would like to help with Dojo Book, please let me know.
> I finished this jot program a long time ago, but no one has ever stuck
> with creating content.

Should we just copy/paste those old docs in there?

Dustin