[dojo-contributors] ReST Documentation

Neil Roberts neil at onebahamas.com
Wed Jun 7 19:18:23 EDT 2006

Comments inline

On Jun 7, 2006, at 6:01 PM, Dustin Machi wrote:

> In the IRC meeting today, we had a discussion revolving around the
> old ReST documentation hosted in the svn repo but not directly
> linked to any longer from the new website.  Of course, this needs
> to be resolved, and this is what we came up with:
>

> 1.  the "Dojo Manual" is intended to be reference documentation.
> It currently hosts old ReST api information that is out of date.
> This needs to be purged from there and updated to reflect current
> api.  Neil will have to comment on the best way to go about that in
> relation to the documentation tools he is preparing.

API information should be pretty easy to copy from one point to
another. I'll be doing a lot of this by hand, but needless to say,
this won't be ridiculous to do.

> 2.  the "Dojo Book" is more "how-to" than reference information.
> Many of the articles that were on the previous website belong in
> here and should be relocated to Dojo Book (like those about events
> and bind). After they are relocated, all the information stored in
> ReST format in the svn repo should be purged from the repo to avoid
> duplication and sync issues.

Agreed. If anyone would like to help with Dojo Book, please let me
know. I finished this jot program a long time ago, but no one has
ever stuck with creating content.

> 3.  The projectRoadmap and projectStatus need to be ported over to
> be part of the new website.

I don't mind where these get put. I imagine they'd be nice to have on
trac somewhere

> 4.  The style guide should get relocated to Dojo Book

Agreed