[dojo-contributors] IBM partnership announcement

Alex Russell alex at dojotoolkit.org
Mon Jun 5 18:49:09 EDT 2006

Howdy all,

I know how everyone on this list spends their days reading press release
newswires, but just in case you somehow missed it, IBM today officially
announced their partnership with the Dojo Foundation:

	http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=133309

While the announcement reads a bit like marketing copy, there is real
weight behind it. Today, IBM has acknowledged the Dojo Foundation as
the place where professional-level JavaScript work gets done. It's
exciting and humbling to be working with them to see the wild dreams we
barely dared to acknowledge two years ago become reality.

IBM has already started to contribute patches to help make Dojo
"enterprise ready", as many of you who were at the Dojo Developer Day
are aware. For instance, we will have i18n support in the 0.3.1 release
as a result of IBM's generous code donations, and due to IBM's
invovlement we're working on accessibility issues on the new
dojo-accessibility mailing list: